After ten years in corporate America, it is only natural for this Mom of four to think in business terms. It is often necessary to table individual goals for the greater good. Spreadsheets are used for grocery lists, nap schedules, recipes, and of course to track all finances. All details aside, it is important to see the big picture and think outside the box in order to get results and improve over Last Year. But never forget that at the end of the day it is the bottom line that ultimately counts. This blog will hopefully give you the net-net of what is going on in our little venture.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Water Cooler Talk

The Oscars:
Boring!!!!! Where were all the REAL celebrities? No Charlize, No TomKat, No Bragelina, No Reese, No Gyllenhal's, No Smiths's, No Leo, No Kiera, No Crowe, and the list goes on and on. I went to E! on-line thinking that the cameras at E!, TV Guide, and ABC must have missed them walking in or something, but there was only 22 photo's to even vote on. Lack of super stars equated to lack of fashion. Maybe they should re-think inviting Miley and Sean Combs instead of true heavyweights to present. There were some highlights, but overall not enough to even make it a show. I liked Kerri Russell and of course Jennifer Garner. I might be biased though because I was such a huge Alias fan.
In the pre-shows that said to look out for colored diamonds and tons of colored dresses, but outside of all the Red dresses there was not that much color excitement. Oh, and the ponytail was so Golden globes 2 years ago! Boo! I am actually boo'ing the Oscars...

American Idol:
So I know this is like 3 weeks ago, but I cannot even explain how upset I am that Josiah Leming was cut out from the top 24 of American Idol. I really liked his first audition and then at Hollywood week when he did "Grace Kelly" I was sold. (I even liked his "Stand by Me.") Ben is so sick of listening to me play his clip on You Tube over and over and over again. Everyone always makes fun of me for picking up accents from where I live, so I totally understand the English accent. So I guess David is my front runner now, and I like the Australian guy too. But if it's not Josiah, I really don't even care....

Lost:
Wow! What a season and how sad that we will only get half of it due to the writers strike. I am so excited that Kate has Aaron and will Jack ever know that he is his nephew, so crazy. I want to go on the obsessed fans sites, but Ben will be mad at me if I read the spoilers and wreck it for him. Since I told the whole kindergarten class about Santa I am guessing I will not be able to contain any information I learn about Lost. I hope the writer's strike does not change the direction they were going, I am willing to wait for the story to be told correctly. So good!

3 comments:

Mrs. Blachford said...

I was wondering where Keira was too! Perhaps she was angry that the 13 year old Briony got nominated for best supporting actress and she got NOTHING. I loved Atonement. Keira was robbed.

Mrs. Blachford said...

So many people I know didn't even get the Aaron thing. My question is what happened to Claire?!?

Steph said...

Oscars--Heidi Klum stole the show for me!

AI--Go David A. and Michael Johns...I pass on all the girls.

LOST--Ummmm this is the best season yet. I am like counting down the hours until it is on each week. Kate and Jack need to freaking hook it up already! I just can't wait to see what happens and I just hope that I don't bawl when we find out what happens with Clair because I have a feeling it doesn't end well for her...