After ten years in corporate America, it is only natural for this Mom of four to think in business terms. It is often necessary to table individual goals for the greater good. Spreadsheets are used for grocery lists, nap schedules, recipes, and of course to track all finances. All details aside, it is important to see the big picture and think outside the box in order to get results and improve over Last Year. But never forget that at the end of the day it is the bottom line that ultimately counts. This blog will hopefully give you the net-net of what is going on in our little venture.

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Snow Day - Blizzard '08

Or at least that is what everyone here in Louisville was calling it all day on Friday. I did not even know schools and offices were closed and went on my merry way desperate to get the kids out of the house to go to open play at the gymnastics center. (Apparently adults are not insured to be on the equipment though, I got in trouble from the teacher for flipping on the trampoline, little did she know I was using the vault back when I was 17 weeks pregnant with Aubrey.)
Ben being from Miami was clueless to the weather, and me being from Michigan I thought I had lived in this type of weather all the time, no big deal. After Ben came home at 7pm, I quickly learned that even his offices closed at 2:30, but he thought everyone was overreacting and stayed at work. When he got home we headed to Outback for dinner and were one of the few cars on the road. We ended up getting around a foot and a half of snow. My sister told me this was more at one time than MI got all year, so I guess we should have been a little more concerned and prepared. Thank goodness for leftovers. I never made it to the grocery store on Friday and by Saturday we were basically snowed in without any groceries. We had steak and ribs for lunch and I made a BBQ chicken salad for dinner. The boys and I practiced using our imagination. We were at California Pizza Kitchen, eating my favorite BBQ salad and drinking Lemonade. I tried to copy their salad with what I had in my fridge.
On to the fun stuff and pictures...
<> The boys and I had a snowball fight in the garage and were laying on the ground laughing when Ben found us.
<> Kyan had the day of his life and was out for 5 hours at a time and his usually potty break would take an hour vs his usual 30 seconds.
<> Ben shoveled snow for the first time, what a funny sight!
<> Aubrey slept through the all the fun.
<> Evan kept laying face down in the snow and was eating it the whole time.
<> Owen only wanted to play in fresh powder and kept walking away to go find clean snow.
<> We made our stairs into a baby sled hill and since we did not have a sled we used the recycling bin top.
What a wonderful snow day together. It all melted 2 days later and now to pack all our ski clothes to head to Salt Lake City for a week of skiing, playing in the snow and visiting Aunt Jenny for Easter Weekend. Let it snow!

1 comment:

Steph said...

How fun to have all that snow! It sounds like the kiddos all LOVED it! (the dog too)