The Dunham babies rang in 2008 in style. We had a ton of fun dressing up the boys like little Justin Timberlake's and of course I could not help singing "They're bringing sexy back!" all night long. Back in December I was shopping with Maggie and we were both commenting how we would like to dress our husbands in the outfit a mannequin had on at Express Men's. Ben said "no way." He is sure not my Ken doll like he used to be, not only does he have vocal chords, he now has an opinion on fashion and practically everything else that most men could care less about.
So on New Year's Eve as I was going to try to find something in black to coordinate with Aubrey's purple dress, I remembered the boys had light purple shirts, gray/black vests and ties that they wore in Maggie's wedding. I whipped out their cool blue-black jeans and they were JT styled. Both the boys thought they looked sweet and asked me to do their "cool hair". This is hair with a substantial amount of pomade to give Owen a faux hawk and Evan an allover spike. Much to Ben's excitement that also meant a costume change for him to a black sweater, which after some major convincing he finally changed.
Aubrey was also in on the action. She wore her new gorgeous dress from Nordstrom's that Grammy got her for Christmas, but she did not have any black tights. After Ben went searching to three stores on New Year's Eve, we had to improvise, I took some 12-18 month old sized black socks with wide lace edging and hiked them up on her legs like thigh high's. Everyone loved them and kept asking where I found such cute little leggings. So all my work to coordinate the family's color scheme and as usual we did not even get a picture together. Oh well, maybe New Year's Eve 2008!!!!
HAPPY
2 comments:
LOVE the outfits! Can't wait to see the next "style out"
I love the boys spats!
Post a Comment