After ten years in corporate America, it is only natural for this Mom of four to think in business terms. It is often necessary to table individual goals for the greater good. Spreadsheets are used for grocery lists, nap schedules, recipes, and of course to track all finances. All details aside, it is important to see the big picture and think outside the box in order to get results and improve over Last Year. But never forget that at the end of the day it is the bottom line that ultimately counts. This blog will hopefully give you the net-net of what is going on in our little venture.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Overtime
So when Ben works long hours (like this week) and I am doing dinners, baths, and bedtime, etc alone. I think my overtime pay should kick in. Luckily, I decided I am not salaried so I should get an incentive for my extra hard work :) So after 3 years of never truly scheduling a date night, I found a babysitter and have her all lined up so Ben and I can go see Twilight tomorrow night. It's not that we have never been out since the Twins came, it's just been more last minute. My Mom will be in town and suggest that we go catch a movie, we may be visiting in MI and my Dad will tell us to run to the Mall without the kids, or my dear friend Katie will push us to go out to dinner as she takes our kids off our hands for the night. So I bought my tickets, am meeting friends at the theatre, and most likely will end up dateless. Even though my darling hubby agreed to the time and actually picked which date, his schedule seems to be out of his control and he now will be in meetings right up until the start of the movie. So my date will meet me there, race in at the last second while I try to hold his seat from an angry teenage girl, or he will just not make it at all. I think I am going to go anyways, the tickets have already been paid for and the sitter is already coming. Good thing I will have Edward and Bella to focus on...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hope he makes it to the movie!! (or, it might be more fun without a male rolling his eyes as you swoon over rich pattison) :)
good call on making you an exempt employee...
Bummer that we don't get overtime sometimes, eh? Good luck! (Didn't see you at Costco this week...missed you! hehe)
Good for you!
Post a Comment